Candidate for Wealden
I have worked all over the world on UK Aid programmes that save women’s lives, address trauma from conflict, and build sustainable communities. I have seen how the climate and ecological emergency is already leading to extreme flooding and drought in countries in the global south, which is increasing conflict and economic hardship for millions. Action is needed now. Because I have worked in and for government I know how parliament works and can make change happen.
Georgia’s priorities in Wealden:
* Local and national action to protect our environment and act on the climate crisis.
* Affordable public transport that makes it easier and safer for us to travel wherever we want and need to.
* Funding and improving services for vulnerable children, adults and older people.
* Sustainable, community-owned housing built for the future to meet the needs of people in Wealden.
* A basic income for all people in Wealden, reducing vulnerability at a time when food bank use is at an all-time high.
* I have a special interest in young people’s health and wellbeing and will push for proper investment in specialist support, youth activities and activism, preventing drug and alcohol misuse, and protecting young people from abuse.
Remaining in the EU: We have a better chance of tackling the climate and ecological emergency by staying in the EU. The EU also supports peace and vital human and employment rights for all of us.
Email Georgia: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call Georgia: 07717222953