Candidate for Southampton, Test
Katherine Barbour has lived in Southampton for 10 years and recently concluded her paid work with the Wessex Academic Health Science Network engaged in projects around healthy ageing. She is passionate about improving the care of people with dementia in the community and in health settings. She started a dementia action group in Portswood, Southampton and has run two successful dementia festivals in the city. She is a governor at University Hospital Southampton.
She has stood in local elections in Southampton in the Portswood ward and was selected to stand in Southampton Test at the last general election.
Southampton issues that Katherine will focus on in the general election are:
• air quality
• building social housing to accommodate the growing numbers of families who cannot find affordable housing in the city
• mental health being given equal footing with physical health
• the care of older people and particularly those living with dementia
• building a sustainable economy that does not damage our world
• schools that focus on the child giving them an education for life without anxiety inducing testing
Katherine is an active member of the Green Party and has campaigned on issues around the city such as access to the waterfront, mental health services and against expansion of the local airport.
In her spare time she is a member of Solent Running Sisters and ran a half marathon in 2019. She practices yoga and regularly cycles in the New Forest.
Email Katherine: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call Katherine: +447763863360