Candidate for Ilford South
RoseMary has lived in east London since 1975 when she arrived to study at Queen Mary, University of London. After gaining her degree in Mathematics she joined the IT department of what is now Transport for London, becoming a business analyst. Over her career she has almost entirely worked with the public sector including DfT, DCMS, and DeFRA. She is now retired.
• An active member of the Green Party for over ten years in her local party of Waltham Forest and Redbridge,
• Was secretary of London Region (2012 to 2018);
• Was on Green Party Women's Group committee 2012 to 2019.
In 2017 was Green Party candidate for Ilford South, beating UKIP. In 2015 was also the Green Party candidate here and increased the Green vote.
She has actively supported the successful fight to save the Oakfield playing fields from non-affordable housing development; and other on-going local constituency campaigns to keep the A&E at King George Hospital and against the concentration of flight paths from London City Airport.
Was a candidate for the London wide Assembly in 2016 and is on the reserve list of nominees in the current campaign for 2020. In London local elections was a candidate in 2010; 2014; and 2018.
• Founder member of The Women's Computer Centre Ltd in 1983 and trustee and director until it closed in 1997.
• Currently on the committee of her residents' association, Transition Leytonstone, and Waltham Forest Local Exchange and Trading System.
• Member of Amnesty International, Liberty, CND.
Email RoseMary: email@example.com